Monday, February 28, 2011

A Primary as Early as April

Yes, according to my exploratory committee, if Jerry Brown puts the 36th Congressional District seat on the ballot, the primary can be as soon as April.

So what have I been doing?  Well, researching the possible contenders, whom all seem to be women on the Democratic side, and I haven't seen many Republicans step forward and claim to want the seat, let alone want to run for it.  I have also been looking at my potential supporters... I have ties to unions in addition to the other industries in the district. 

What I really need to be doing is to gather finances.  To reach a district of more that 600,000 people I need to be able to get known, fast.  I don't have a record of public office so people know who I am, nor do I come from a lineage of previous mayors, district attorneys, or county supervisors.

No comments:

Post a Comment