Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Who is Katherine Pilot?

Ever since a seat became available in the 36th Congressional District, I've been researching, discussing, and actively communicating my intention to get on the primary ballot for this election.  You may wonder, who is this gal with a blog who wants to represent the 36th District in Congess?

I am Katherine Pilot.  I grew up in what is referred to as the South Bay, as locals know.  I have lived in the district I aim to represent for many years.  I received my Bachelor of Arts in Telecommunication from Purdue University. 

I have worked in what I consider to be the two largest industries in Southern California, the entertainment industry and the shipping industry.  For the 36th District, many residents are affected by one or the other on a day to day basis, or they are working in one of those industries.  These industries are the main providers of the blue-collar jobs in the area; folks who clock-in and clock-out and earn an honest living.  Both of these industries seem to be over-regulated, forcing the price of business up and the work to go elsewhere.  The loss of jobs, or loss of potential jobs, is something I am very concerned over.  I want to keep jobs in America, and I want my district to benefit from that.

Now, you may be asking, "What political party are you in?"  For all those people who like to label, and place people in a box, I have always been a registered Republican.  If you consider this to be a dirty word, this happened because it runs in the family, and most of all, my viewpoint is typically more aligned with those fundamentals.  I have worked in industries which are mostly Democrat.  Unfortuantely, I have noticed that I do not feel represented by either major party.  I am in the middle... I don't believe in government increasing their scope of influence too large.  I believe in financial responsibility and saving for the rainy day, because as we have recently learned, THE rainy day will come.

Well, we do have some time to get to know eachother... feel free to ask questions about what you find important.

No comments:

Post a Comment